Saturday, July 20, 2013

My LifeProof


"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:" Ecc 3:1
You bet I have the LifeProof case!!! I live with 4 kids, a dog and a cat, and have a pool and we vacation in snow and sea!!! I am frequently pulling it out of my pocket to take pictures...taking way more pictures than calls! lol
I take pictures on the water and in the water without worry. It proves durable even at the beach where I am able to capture great pictures while snorkeling and digging for sea shells in the sand.
There are times when I remove the phone from its very secure case and let me tell you, I am a nervous wreck!! It's thin, fragile and slippery. The thought of it slipping out of my hand and breaking to pieces on my tile floor or into the pool is enough to throw me into a panic! Don't bump me, trip me, I have the phone in my hands!!! Keep back 20ft!! lol We are talking big bucks to replace it, so I am serious...can't drop the phone!!! I do my best to keep it Life-Proof, cuz life happens!!! God's Word is our LifeProof case. We are breakable creatures (physically, emotionally and spiritually) and it is crucial we surround ourselves with the protection of God's Word. The mornings I go without my LifeProof protection, I can feel it. I feel vulnerable, on edge, breakable. The slightest bump in the day will send me into a panic. Someone or something "running" towards me can take my breath away. My heightened vulnerability only intensifies my responses to circumstances I face during the day. Don't bump me, trip me or scare me cuz I am holding onto my "self" and if I drop, I will break into a million pieces!
How much more peace and strength when I have on my LifeProof case, cuz life happens!! God's Word proves durable. It is my shield and protection through all terrains, through every season. I don't have to walk around a nervous wreck, keeping everything and everyone 20ft away because I know with God, He goes before me and holds all things together! (Col 1:17) I can live my life without fear!!!! I will not put my LifeProof case to the test. I will simply trust it where I am at, as I go and do.

Father God, Almighty King and Creator of ALL things, Thank You for the covering You provide for my fragile self. We are breakable creatures, with bodies, minds and hearts that can be quickly destroyed. It is this knowledge of our weakness that we hold on to You, putting on Your armor of Protection!! Your blood covers us wholly. Thank You Abba Daddy, for watching us, going before us and guarding us. You are all we need. Move in our hearts Lord to remember with fervency to keep our LifeProof shield on at all times so we are not quickly broken in this busy and chaotic world. Help us walk confidently, trusting Your guard over us. Wrap us up and remind us we are more than conquerors in Your name. For all seasons, You are Lord over all!! Praise You The Great I Am. Amen.   

 
"Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."
1 Samuel 17:45
 
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm."
Ephesians 6:10-13
 
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones."
Proverbs 3:5-8
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment