Thursday, October 27, 2022

Trusting God's Plan for Your Life : Views On The Golf Course

Hole 1. 



Not wanting to get in his way, I sat back in the golf cart taking in the scenery, watching my man-child study his million dollar shot on the fairway. I didn’t care if he hit it off into the other side of the course on Hole 6. I was loving just being there.


So, I climbed out of the cart and would stand up and watch it and half the time I lost it in the sky. 


He'd holler over, “Did ya see that?!?” Yes, I saw it on the tee, but then I lost it against the blue sky drenched with white puffy clouds.


After a few missed viewings he called me over to the green, “Come here Mama.” He said, “Stand right next to me and you will be able to watch the ball from where I stand and see where it goes.” I felt kinda awkward standing there in my blue jeans, flip flops with big ol camera in hand. But, he was right. The view and perception were grand! 


Standing closer, I could actually see the ball take flight. Some zipped straight down the middle while there were a few that spliced off to the left. 


What a wonderful moment and a perfect view! I could see his facial expressions as he focused and was taking aim. I noticed the slight adjustments his body made as he positioned himself on the course. I felt the hush, the determination, the power of his swing.


And then I watched as he executed the full body twist and swing. What an adrenaline rush to be so close and feel what he feels, see what he sees. Guess where I stood for the rest of the time...yep, just behind him. There was no better view than his!


When we draw close to God, we have the same thrill and advantage as we position ourselves for the perfect view. 


Just as my son didn't explain to me where he would send the ball, God doesn’t always explain the path to us either. We stand with Him because we desire to see what He sees and we trust His intentions appreciating the closeness more than the outcome.


How true it is when we draw closer seeking our Lord that we find the joy of seeing His expressions of grace and love, compassion and mercy. The closer we get, the clearer we see the slight changes in His direction as He leads us along still waters, through valleys from glory to glory. We can feel His intensity and power. 


Nothing on this side of Heaven is more thrilling to me than seeing God do His thing, from His creation to His compassion. He is wonderful Savior, beautiful Counselor and Mighty Warrior. 


There is none like Him and we are each invited to stand next to Him, to see a view much grander than from the sidelines.


Yes, it may feel awkward and you may feel out of place at times when God calls you up to the greens, but I promise you, you will not regret the view! 


(And, by the way, up on the greens is where you can better see the sand pits, water dangers and gators on the banks! Trust me, you want to be on The Greens!)


Matthew 7:7-8 ESV 

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 

For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."


Psalm 23 

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment