Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Because God Said So

Our church is a Praying Church! In recent months, our Pastor has placed a renewed emphasis on prayer and we have begun a Prayer Gathering on Sunday evenings at 4:50pm. Last Sunday I walked in a few minutes after it had officially started and I slipped in to one of the open pews in the back. I really wanted to kneel at the alter up front but I felt as if God was holding me back in the back. And He was, for a lesson.
When I first entered the large Worship Center, there was a still quiet except for a few small voices praying aloud from within their small groups. Much different than when I had entered just a few hours before for Corporate Worship! Although I had planned to pray up front at the alter, I had to fight the internal battle going on within me to sit in the back rather than move to the alter which is what I had planned to do. (Just that decision alone was a big deal for me as I am typically a "stay in the back" type of person, so I was excited to conquer going to the front that evening. I know, it's the little victories!! heehee) But....I felt the command to sit in the back. Yes, I huffed for a moment not understanding exactly why I had to sit there, in the back! Well, "Because God said so" was the only reason and that is one I have learned to accept without explanation or understanding! He is The Great I Am and I am the Little I Will.
It was towards the end of the prayer time that I sat up and "lifted me eyes up" as I had read so many times through the scriptures in recent study times (great things always followed that statement) and I finished my personal prayer time looking forward towards the Heavens. Then, my eyes dropped down and I began to notice the number of persons that were praying,...maybe only 10 persons. My thought went to, What a bummer that not very many were here. My heart was not judging, rather it was an observation the Lord was giving me. I knew there would be a few kneeling like me which I could not see, and yet it still seemed vacant. That large of a space easily swallows up a dozen persons.
Our prayer time finished and upon the final benediction and "amen" my spirit gasped at the amount of people that rose up from below what I could not see earlier. So many others had obviously been down praying on their knees or possibly their faces, praying before the Lord.
My heart rejoiced and was glad at the sight of all those who rose up! It's good to be wrong in cases like this!! LOL!!! God used this lesson to remind me:
God is working in ways we cannot know or see and it may not be as we had planned, for God's ways are not our ways! Like an anthill, at first glance, you may come to believe it's vacant...until you step into it and an eruption of ants coming flooding out! God is always moving and working despite what we "see." Our finite minds cannot even begin to comprehend the hands of God moving among the Universe, holding everything together in the Spiritual World and the Physical World (Colossians 1:17).
What a blessing to know there are those battling it out on their knees before the Lord, not before men, for the sake of Christ, that His will be done on Earth, as it is in Heaven. To think how many things were being prayed for, by so many people. What a comforting thought. What an encouraging reminder that we as the Body of Christ are not alone even when it sometimes feels like it. There are infact, armies busy working "underground", waiting and ready to come flooding out from the seemingly quiet coverings and at moment's notice/interruption!
Do you recognize Christ as the Great I Am and your place as The Little I Will? Can you hear His calls to pray for others, not just yourself? Do you remember that you are not alone and that He will send you rescue? Do you trust that He is working on your behalf and nothing can separate you from Him as His child? Romans 8 is a great encouragement if you need some reminding of these truths and promises!!!

Thank You Lord God of Creation, Maker of heaven and Earth, Lord of lords and King of Kings, Our Great I Am, thank You for Your faithfulness to work on our behalf. Forgive us when we believe the lie that You have left us to battle alone. Forgive us when we believe we can do life on our own. When we feel alone and outnumbered, God please remind us that You are there and that You have surrounded us with Your protection and provisions even if we are blinded to them, may we trust Your Mighty hand and outstretched arms. Give us the eyes to see and ears to hear the things of this world and in Your spiritual world, that You want us to see and hear. May we then be quick to act and trust in those moments of Truth, the plan You have for us. Thank You for those who You place in our lives to stand with us in the battles, praying, helping, encouraging, teaching, interceding on their knees. Help us be sensitive to the promptings of Your Holy Spirit to be obedient in these things for others too. Bowed before Your throne and not the throne of man, to You be all glory and praise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment