Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Privilege Card


Well, for the lucky few, they received a privilege Card from the teachers today. There was no mistaking that my 7th grader had received one when he burst through the door today exclaiming, "Mom, the greatest thing -ever- happened today!!!" He then flashed me The card! He was beyond thrilled and couldn't wait to share it with me the moment he got home. For the next 6 weeks, he will get to go to lunch 2 minutes earlier, along with several other special things! The catch is...it expires after the 6 week period is over. Then, a new one must be earned.
Can you imagine if God handed out privilege cards for us and they expired after 6 weeks? Would we ever get one? There is no one perfect except God. Hard as we try to make the right choices in everything we do, we are going to make a wrong choice sometimes, and that is okay...we are sinners saved by grace, not by our perfection. God will forgive your "wrong choices" but you also need to forgive yourself and move on.

"Thank You Lord
that I do not have to continuously earn my privileges with You. Rewards are great and so are Your blessings, but it is and will be my absolute privilege to worship You, face to face. I do not take for granted Your unconditional love, Your forgiveness, Your patience. The fact that You can see me for me, who I am, what I am, where I have been...and You still give me the privilege card to Heaven which I do not have to earn and does not expire...wow! YOU ARE AN AMAZING GOD!!! amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment