Friday, October 9, 2009

"Double Date"

DOUBLE FEATURE: Toy Story 1 & 2

Tonight I had a "Double Date" for the first time in a LONG time! I cannot remember the last time I saw TWO movies in a row...especially in the theaters!! (Date Night really changes when you factor in the cost to pay a babysitter!!!)
Well, tonight I was out with my Cody! What a fun night being able to hang out with him. As the middle child, sometimes he gets lost in the shuffle between the babies and the big brother. I try to make time with each one and in a perfect world, I would have an hour a day with one on one time with each of the four, but we don't, so I can't! I do what I can though and tonight was a great night for it. He was much younger when Toy Story 1 came out so he was seeing it for the first time really. And it has been years for me and I barely remembered either one...having children will chip away at those already scattered memory cells!!
Not many of our movies have such obvious story lines of good choices and good character anymore. There were quite a few upcoming children's movies that look interesting, so we will see. Now a days it seems it's more about action, battles/wars/fights and love interests. What happened to the values, virtues, friends, perseverance, making good choices? It was refreshing to watch a movie that placed a high value on honesty, teamwork and friendship. The relationship between the toys and their "boy", the faithful and strong bonds between the toys/friends...refreshing!
My favorite part was looking over at my Cody and sharing the moment with him. We laughed, we cuddled and we shared a LOT of candy!!! What I will take away from tonight was a refreshing night with him. I will forget much of the movie, but I will never forget the night I ate so much candy and laughed at the silly lines in the movie with him.
You know, I imagine God feels the same with us. He enjoys our fellowship, no matter where we are or what we are doing, He seeks to spend time with each of His children. Amazingly for Him, He is Omnipresent, so HE CAN spend every moment of every day with each of His children. How cool! We are so blessed to have a refreshing, constant fellowship with our Heavenly Father that is everlasting!! He shares every moment with us.

"Thank You Dear God for Your refreshing fellowship, it is so sweet. Help me to remember that it is not so much what we are doing , it is more that we are simply spending time in fellowship together, smiling, laughing or crying...we are sharing precious moments. May my life reflect Your friendship, Your love and Your joy with those around me.
Thank You for the friends near and the friends far, Lord, would You bless them today with all that they need and more. Touch them and grant them extra joy, peace and love in their lives. Thank You for being the very Best Friend anyone could ever have!! Your fellowship is so sweet to me!
Lord, may I never minimize our time together or make it more work than it needs to be. But to just be with You, in the moment where we are. In the Name of Jesus I pray protection around my time, guard it and define it to best please You...continue to bless me with precious time with You every morning, individual time with each of my children and my spouse. I ask protection around my friends and my family, through our relationships, may we all be living examples of Your gentleness and faithfulness.
'There is none like You. No One else can touch my heart like You do. I could sing for all eternity long and find, there is none like You.....' amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment