Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Little Girl in Me

Don't we all have that little girl inside that just wants to get out and play...explore the huge world around you but we don't allow ourselves the time to break out of our busyness to be that Princess or Explorer? For girls, we are drawn to the puffy princess gowns, sparkle jewelry, make up, painting our nails, tea parties and chocolate!! I am actually a little different...I love to have girl time and dress up (not glitz and glam-but simply wearing make up and styling the hair, add in some earrings!!-I consider myself dressed up!! woo-hoo!) but I am also super comfy in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt! With this Texas heat, I have to settle for short sleeve though. If I could, I would sport my pj's all day!! I love pj's of any kind, flannel, silk, long dress, pant sets...as long as it is comfy!! Can't forget the slippers! :)
My most treasured jewelry is my wedding ring and my Mother's bracelet. I wear them every day! I think my daughter is a lot like me. She loves to play dress up with all the fluff she can fit into, all the bling around the neck and in the hair but she will take it all off to play football or chase with the boys outside in the mud! We both love chocolate treats and have a love for animals! She has a love for life, she is strong-willed, and she is a bit shy and overwhelmed in the crowds.
I love being a Mom. My daughter newest call for me is "Mom-uh." Not to be confused with "Mama." I love that sweet name. It is a high calling to be entrusted with God's little creations. While she completely trusts me to care for her, kiss her boo-boos and teach her how to do every new thing, I am completely trusting God to show me how to do all that with each passing season in each of my children's lives!!
Here are some of my favorite pics with my little girl who constantly reminds me to play!! (Actually, she begs...constantly! I have to remind myself to enjoy this as one day, she will have a crowded schedule of school, work and friends.) Hope you enjoy our pig-tailed moments from the past year! Thanks for allowing me to share these personal moments with you.
I pray you will take time to play in your week! Grab your daughter or a girlfriend and just be girls, have lunch, go get your nails done, go shopping (for fun-not grocery shopping!!), pick flowers at the park, watch a girl movie, put on pj's and walk down memory lane with a family photo album. Whatever brings out your inner child, do it! Enjoy the gift of Sisterhood!!
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

"There, in the presence of the Lord your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the Lord your God has blessed you." Deuteronomy 12:7

No comments:

Post a Comment