Friday, November 15, 2013

Do you Believe like they believe?

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Romans 8:35-39

Ever had that feeling of being overcome by everything Satan has to throw at you? I call it being Jobish. I sure have, recently as a matter of fact! This time, the response was much the same and yet much different. I just completed a bible study in the Book of John and there we were drawn to the theme of God our Messiah, The Christ who comes to save. As with different seasons of life, and the fact that The Word of God is alive and true, the filters with which we work through or see things change. 
We are taught as Believers to believe God has the power to heal. We believe that God is greater than Satan and we are more than conquerors in Him. So, when I was under this attack, I said "God, I believe You have the power to save me and heal me." Then, I felt the Holy Spirit move within and remind me so do the demons. They believe God can heal you. I stopped and had to think knowing this is true, but also knowing there was something for me to learn in this moment.
Of course, my filter of John is flowing through my mind, and one of our memory verses came to mind, John 20:30-31 "Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name." Believe that Jesus is the Christ and by believing that He is The Christ, knowing He is my salvation, the He is The Supreme Authority over all things, people and principalities, it is in His name, who He is, that I may have life in His powerful and Holy name. Satan wants to crush us as weak and blind sheep to the slaughter and God wants to give us life!
So, when we face trials in our life where we need healing or rest, while it is necessary to believe in what God can do in His healing power but we must first believe in who He is!! Nothing can separate us from Him, not because He has the power over all things, but because He is Supreme over EVERYTHING!!! We cannot be separated from Him because He lives in us! Our bodies are His dwelling place within us and therefore, the Authority in my body, mind and spirit is Him! When we simply cry out and ask for healing power to come, if we are not at the same time acknowledging it is because we actually calling on The Healer, we are merely placing our order. Do we achknowledge Who He is and in Him is our victory?!? I don't think we think about that, I didn't. I just asked for what I needed because I know He can do it. But, when I praise His name and remember that it is He that delivers me to life from death, don't you know Satan shudders at the blood of Jesus!!!
Temptations and attacks can come but there is nothing that will overcome me because not only do I have the power to overcome as a Conqueror in Jesus Name, The King of kings and Lord of lords but He is the name above all names who does indeed hold the power to do it!!
The next time you face a trial, remember and claim the Power of Jesus over you and "...seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

**Funny, half way through this my laptop powered down...it eventually came back up and got it restored back up and now I can send this out. Even in this, Satan doesn't want this Word to go out! Sorry...God reigns! This glory if for Him!!! It is always my prayer that by sharing my walk with the Most High God, that there comes glory to God through my life. May we know Him better so that we can have life and peace in His name!! We are conquerors because we serve The Ruler over all things!!! To You God, we worship and seek to know and have more of! You are our everything!!! Praise Your name! You are my sword and shield!!!!  I do know You stand before me, behind me and next to me!! Thank You for Your faithfulness!! Amen!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment