Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happily New Year 2015!!!!

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand. 
Proverbs 19:21


We had talked for years about making a big move, day-dreaming of something more beautiful and scenic to wake up to each day. We are both mountain and beach people. We enjoy the gorgeous colors of Summer and the cool crisp air the mountains provide as well as the powdery snow that blankets the boulders in the winter time. And then there is Florida, another beautiful place. My Grandma lived in the Florida panhandle. Every summer growing up, we spent a week collecting shells along shores and dipping our toes into the blue waters of Panama City with it's gorgeous white sands. Either of these vacations spots, our hearts wondered "what if."  
Year after year, we joked and dreamed of that "one day," that we knew would never really come. Our family all lived close by and we were committed deeply to our church. The thought of ever really moving away was more of a passing thought of dreams. Several years ago, God started to stir in our hearts about making a move but not one of "those" moves. We wanted a smaller town, more outdoor space, and a stronger since of community. Without having to disrupt ties to family and church, we began looking at the next town over which offered beautiful acreage for possible horses too. We looked and looked but nothing ever came together. Then, God put it in our minds to think further, so another local spot we love is New Braunfels. It has everything we would love to have in a town. Our hearts were stirred to the point of confirming prayer and we planned a weekend trip over July 4th to explore and pray, cuz this was huge. It meant moving away from family, and moving churches. Huge! July 4th was one of our favorite times to visit there too! Such awesome fireworks with such great friends! 
Days before we were to go, my husband says, "I think God is telling us to go to The Keys." I laughed and quickly replied, Ummm, no!" He asked me to at least pray about it which I did. My heart was torn even though I knew God was leading us to go...I just wasn't sure I wanted to. It was a huger huge. It was half way across the United States!! It was the furthest we could go away from our Home. It was a dream, yes, but a scary one at the same time. I prayed and freaked, prayed, and freaked. All the cons flooded my list making mind. But God. 
The rest as they say is history. We still went to New Braunfels that weekend to put our feet on the ground and pray, asking God for absolute confirmation, and we enjoyed our time with friends as always. God confirmed it there, Go to the KeysAnd yes, all 4 kiddos said yes too. The rest as they say is history! August 2, 2014, we landed here in The Keys and we couldn't be more humbled and grateful for His mercy and grace. We have found a place of paradise for our family. We have bonded closer as a family over the water. Time outside together has replaced old habits of wasting time in front of the tv. We share more and talk more then ever before. This is the small town community we have always hoped for one day.
God led us to a wonderful church which we all have come to love. There is a ministry for each of us (children, youth, men and women) that we have plugged in to. It was super important to us that the kids meet Christian friends, and they have found them at this church. I admit, I thought there wouldn't even be 1 church down here and yet it took us nearly 5 weeks to visit around! 
He has also given us really sweet friends to share this journey with. That was certainly a cherry on top. With a specific focus on God and Family, I didn't even imagine life here with "real" friends. But God. Life is sweeter when you share it with like-minded friends! 
As I sit here reflecting on my Key's patio, I still cannot believe we are here. Every new thing experienced here is also the first new thing away from Home. It's bittersweet. Even though we have peace and joy here, of course, we miss what's familiar- we miss our family, we miss our friends, we miss our church of 12 years. We even miss real mexican food! (heehee) But God. 
I never thought I would be here. (Literally, figuratively, and spiritually.) I had huge plans for us to move 20 miles east and settle in a rustic town next door, but God had been preparing a place for us over 1,000 miles waaaaay east. All along, drawing us closer to Him. And by faith, our hearts have embraced His heart for us. And here we are. January 1, 2014, I sat happily in H-town with big plans for a new big year full of plans, hopes, and expectations. Today, January 1, 2015, I sit happily on The Rocks knowing God has big plans for a new big year, to accomplish whatever it is He has planned for me. 


Wherever God is, there is our perfect peace. His heart is our home. I am reminded that God has a plan bigger than me and is able to immeasurable more than I can imagine, and despite my fears, He is a faithful, gentle, patient and loving Father. There is no other place I would rather be than wherever He is. Christ is my Home. Christ is my decision maker. God is my heart's joy and contentment. This year, may you find your heart and home in Christ alone. Whatever you have planned, remember, but God.

Happy and Blessed New Years 2015!!! Thanks for being a part of my journey here on my blog! By Grace, Michele

HUGS!!!!!





4cdbfbe5f0edba291c60fcd10070fb9f04efa2c95562eb67f8

No comments:

Post a Comment