Monday, October 20, 2014

Jesus, my Spiritual Valium




 Jesus, Only Jesus

Who has the power to raise the dead?
Who can save us from our sin?
He is our hope, our righteousness
Jesus, only Jesus

Who can make the blind to see?
Who holds the keys that set us free?
He paid it all to bring us peace
Jesus, only Jesus

Holy, King almighty Lord
Saints and angels all adore
I join with them and bow before
Jesus, only Jesus

Who can command the highest praise?
Who has the name above all names?
You stand alone, I stand amazed
Jesus, only Jesus

You will command the highest praise!
Yours is the name above all names!
You stand alone, I stand amazed
Jesus, only Jesus!
Jesus, only Jesus!

This song melts me. It's like Spiritual Valium that settles my soul. Have you ever just been soooo busy that you feel like you have been turned into a remote controlled toy? You are being turned here and there, front, back, to the right then a quick turn to the left. Sometimes it's not even that I am "soooo busy" but more like I just don't ever stop. Day after day, it's the same thing, over and over and I just "go." And then, the battery runs out or you crash. All play stops! 
The market was not the only thing that crashed in 2008.....I did. My battery died and I crashed. "Life" controlled me. If I must "choose today whom I will serve", then I need to be the one in control so I can choose for myself how and what I want to spend my day doing what it is that God calls me to do. 
It's at the name of Jesus, only Jesus that slows me down (even though it fires me up at the same time!!). It's His glory in the breathtaking sunrise or sunset. Or the intricate details of a newborn baby, a flower or mountain range, the rolling storms and the sound of laughter that follows tears. Those God moments you experience studying His Word, or hear in a sermon or divinely timed conversation with a friend that leaves you standing amazed. A heart transformed and the lost-saved. The sick-healed. The desperate-satisfied. The Name of Jesus ushers in a peace that surpasses understanding, a comfort that holds you together when you feel like you are falling apart. It is the Name of Jesus that sets us free...it's Jesus, only Jesus. 
Satan knows that if he can stress us out, keep us busy or create in us a sense of hopelessness, then he begins to take control. But, if we put on the armor and keep in control, we can stand against the schemes of the enemy. Ephesians 6 encourages us..."Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." 
One of the benefits of moving is that you have no choice but to stop doing what you are doing and change the way you do things. However, if you don't stop and think about the why you do certain things, you will continue to do the same things and hand your remote over to "life" and it will control you in the new place too. I have had to put on my armor daily and really keep my heart and mind focused on what it is God wants me to so "life" doesn't fill my day with Martha lists, but that I am able to choose a Mary heart and serve and love as He leads me. 
May it be Your name, Jesus, that leads me, saves me, protects me, sustains me, heals me, comforts me. There is no greater Name. There is no greater Way. Jesus, only Jesus. I stand amazed. You Lord God, deserve the highest praise! With a bowed knee and heart, I worship You, amen.

Who has the power to raise the dead? Who can save us from our sin? He is our hope, our righteousness....Jesus, only Jesus

Who can make the blind to see? Who holds the keys that set us free? He paid it all to bring us peace....Jesus, only Jesus

Holy, King almighty Lord. Saints and angels all adore. I join with them and bow before
Jesus, only Jesus

Who can command the highest praise? Who has the name above all names? You stand alone, I stand amazed....Jesus, only Jesus

You will command the highest praise! Yours is the name above all names! You stand alone, I stand amazed....Jesus, only Jesus! Jesus, only Jesus!








No comments:

Post a Comment