Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reflections


Out the back window.
What a beautiful view out the back window this morning. I had not noticed the distant mountain range until it began to glow, growing brighter and brighter. Well, obviously, it was reflecting something. I sat my coffee down and ran over to the front of the house and there was the source of the light. The intensely, gorgeous, stunning, colorful sunrise was stretching across the skies, rising up, conquering the once dark blue skies. It captured me and illuminated my morning!!

The Source of Light in the front.
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:17-18

We, as Believers, are to reflect the Light of Jesus Christ. We are a "city on a hill," a "light in the darkness." The illuminated mountain in the back of the house was a direct reflection of the Sun...and we should be too. 

"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

When I "shine before men," and they see my "good deeds," who's reflection will they see? Who will they praise? Our Light should be a direct reflection of our "Father in Heaven."  

"But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." Ephesians 5:13-16

God, let me shine for you!! May it be Your glorious beauty that others see when they turn around and look for the source of my light. The Joy of You, is my strength!! You hold my heart! How empty they would be if they only saw the good of Michele, and not of You. You are the One Source for all we need or want. May the words of my mouth, all that I say and so, bring honor to You! You alone are satisfying and sustaining. Forgive me Father God when I have taken the reflection and made it my own. My heart desires to reflect You, the One True Light, intensely, gorgeously, stunningly, colorfully illuminating the skies that surround us. Give us the wisdom to make the most of every opportunity of all that You make visible. Shine bright Lord and reflect upon us, the glory of You. In Your Son's Awesome, Beautiful Name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment