Tuesday, September 18, 2012


I LOVE doing puzzles! Do you? My husband absolutely does not and therefore does not see a wonderful masterpiece in the making...he sees a waste of time and a mess! It does take patience. I could say the same thing about his game watching....for hours sitting in one place (the couch) seemingly wasting time, eventhough he's as happy as can be!  So, I get it. You won't spend hours on something voluntarily unless you are enjoying what you are doing.
Needless to say, over the years my puzzles have changed, as well as how often I even pull one out to create. It's probably been over a year since I pulled one out to work. Of course, there is an open invitation for anyone who wants to jump in and build this masterpiece with me. At first glance, it is overwhelming, especially for the younger kids! They are used to the large, 2" pieces with a maximum of 24 pieces! Mine, I will do anything over 200. (I do prefer the traditional cut pieces though!)

I had to stop and think why the kids freak out when they see all the hundreds of odd shapes spread over a 4 ft area...it's too much work...where do you even begin...what if there's a piece missing...what if it takes aaaaall daaaaay long!?! The older you get, you are able to understand how to approach a puzzle, looking first for edge pieces, then grouping similar designs/colors. It's not overwhelming, it's a challenge. And you know it's gonna take a certain commitment to stick with it, completing it.

I was sitting here reflecting through my Week 1 Homework in True Woman 101 and how I have felt a little overwhelmed at all that encompasses being a Woman of God. Soooo many pieces. Such a commitment of time and energy to work it all out. Where do you begin? 

God reminded me of my puzzle. His "divine design" for me. Our puzzle changes as we change. The big picture is the same, but the cuts (shapes) change. God only gives us what we can handle and when we first walk with Him, I imagine the puzzle being a 12 pc which at the time seems like a challenge, but then it becomes easy and through time and maturity, we can handle the 24, 48, 50, 100 pieces. Taking a step back and looking at the big picture, you see the glorious end result, but getting started and putting together all the middle pieces can be overwhelming and sometimes a seemingly impossible feat!

I look at being a Woman of God and everything that it means. Womanhood encompasses every bit of our life in our many different roles, all the thoughts and feelings, and everything tangible physically in our life. At the core is being a Child of God and that right there takes up most of the pieces!!! God is the Creator and Designer. He gives what we can handle and nothing more eventhough it can look like it at first glance. 

The truth is that the Creator knows what it takes to get to the glorious picture at the end of each of our puzzles. He has given us a Helper in the Holy Spirit that will work it out with us, leading and encouraging us to push through the times you can't make sense of a design. If you are patient, He will show you the big picture and help you fit all the pieces together, some of which need to be turned around so you can see the design on the other side. Ya don't get far with a bunch of brown pieces!

There is nothing more exciting (in the puzzle world) than to get to the last few holes...one by one, snapping in each one! Anticipation grows!! I imagine my husband feels the same thing as he watched his favorite player running towards the goal line, or as he watches a putt rolling ever so slowly towards the hole. You almost become giddy!

As we join with our Helper to put together our puzzle, one by one, the pieces of our puzzle, may we resist the urge to give up, or walk away. Instead, may we work fervently to turn over all the brown pieces and complete it to the glorious end!!
Father God,
Thank You that You have designed a glorious end just for me, for each season in my life, for each trial, in each wilderness, You hold the big picture and I place my trust in You. Be my strength when I feel like giving up and for the endurance to push onward. Help me to keep my eyes on Your glorious end and not all my pieces that sometimes seems scattered beyond reach. With You, my Helper, I can do all things. Mountains can move, shattered pieces can be mended, missing pieces can be found when I trust in Your Help.
Sweet and Patient God, thank You. Piece by piece, I'm laying them down and melding together the design You've made for me. May You receive all the glory in "my" design. Amen!
 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment