Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Much to Fear

Yes, there is MUCH to fear. We live in a fallen world full of selfish evils. Today, we remember the evil that fell our nation on 9/11. It's impact reached further than those planes. Everyone's lives have been impacted in one way or another, be it personal or indirectly. We personally felt the destruction as the horrific and seemingly unfathomable news poured out from the media. Although unless we were there, we will never fully know what must have seemed like hell on earth for those people which ashes fell upon.

Indirectly, 9/11 changed us as a nation. I can probably sum up what could be hundred's of books in length, our security changed. Personal securities and national securities.

As a Believer, my security changed literally as well as emotionally and spiritually. No matter who you are, it rocked your world. It made you question this topic of security and protection. What would we have done if that was us in one of those planes? Would someone have risked their life for mine? Where was our help? Would I risk my life for another? If God is real, then why did He allow this? There we go, the big question!! It was a topic of huge debate at the time. This national crisis turned some people to God while others turned away from God.

There is just as much evil today as there was back on 9/11....as there was at the beginning of time. The Father of Lies, the Wolf in Lambs clothing is still on his watch. Evil happens publicly and privately, in every nation, in every town, in our own neighborhood. What we need to remember is The Father of Truth and the Savior are still on their watch. Salvation happens publicly and privately, for every nation, for every town, in our own neighborhood. To the ends of the Earth, He reigns, always has and always will.

As a person who struggles with fear, I must guard my heart, mind and soul from dwelling about all the evil around me, in "my world." It is something I must be prepared for but not consumed by. When I look into the face of evil, the impact it should have on me is not a consuming one rather a fleeing one. If you are a Believer, if you haven't already, you surely will, come under the attack of evil. This spiritual warfare we face can only be won when we flee from evil and run with confidence to our Protector, the Lord our God. Victory over evil has already been won and yet Satan continues to fight. Until we sit at the Throne of Glory, we will be surrounded by evil.

The way we can live amongst this evil is not to ignore or deny it's power, yet to see it, and claim Jesus' power over it! Living a life of fear in whatever way it touches us is not living in the freedom that Christ has for His children. There is power in The Blood. You can walk through any trial, wilderness, hate and threat with confidence knowing that The Creator of All things, people, principalities, is with you and fighting back on your behalf. Do not cower down. Do not be defeated. Do not fall back. Stand firm. Be ready. Gather a personal army to surround you and cover you if you feel as if you are about to be overtaken. 

I was in this place just a few short years ago, consumed and fretting about the evil in my world. I feared traveling, people, circumstances. It was an ambush and I was caught in the middle of a war that I could not fight alone. There have been many battles I have won alone, praise God, but there are some wars that cannot be fought alone. I must confess that even though I was ambushed, I had also been given warnings that a war was near. I wasn't ready. I wasn't aware what it took to be in a war. I had very little armor. I didn't know my Protector like I do now! I lost confidence in myself and began to doubt my God.

I cannot tell you how super duper mega mega important it is to be in The Word of God. There you will find everything you need to live in this world. Your Armor, there. Your confidence, there. Your strength, there. Your action plan, there. Your hope, there. Your endurance, there. Your peace, there. Everything you need, there.

Whatever you are facing today, know that you are not alone. Know that victory in the battle is yours in Jesus Name if His blood covers you. Stand on The Word of God as your Authority in all things. Watch for warnings of upcoming battles. Be ready! Gather an army if needed. 

Romans 8: 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 

Romans 8:31-39 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

O, The Blood of Jesus! It IS my VICTORY!! IN JESUS' NAME, AMEN!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment