Thursday, May 24, 2012

Really....it is NEVER a good time to experience a "thorn in our flesh," is it?!? Who has time to deal with extra "stuff" ontop of the already pressures and busyness of everyday life. I have found myself with a new "thorn in my flesh." I mean that LITERALLY!!!

Sunday evening we grilled up Saturday's catch and unfortunatly a small, 1cm, fish bone got past me and is now lodged in the lower part of my throat. NOT good timing. NOT making me feel very good. NOT helping me remain calm and focused while my husband is out of state on business. NOT good.

With my walk with Christ, I know that this is a needed pause, a time to search and rest...and trust. With any trial we should immediately find ourselves at the feet of Jesus. Just as a child runs to the comfort and understanding of their Father, so shall we find ourselves in the same way. There is no other comfort as great as our Heavenly Father's. Does this lessen the pain of my flesh? No. Does it take away all the distractions and disruption it has caused? No. But what I do have is peace and comfort, not physcally but in my heart and in my spirit. I know God is in control. I know that Satan's punch is weak compared to the Shield of faith that protects me from being destroyed. God always has the upperhand. He has already won the fight.

Anytime we suffer a thorn in our flesh, we should face it, deal with it, and do our part to work at getting it out. God will take care of the extraction. It may not be the way we want but we have to trust that the Lord of our Body, Heart, Mind, Soul and Spirit "works all things out for our good" (Ro 8:28) and in the end, we should find ourslef one step closer to the One who calls us to His sheltering wings of refuge.

If you have a thorn in your flesh, lay yourself on the examination table and ask God to extract all that is bad and heal the wounds. This suffering is an opportunity to rest deeply in Him, to show Satan who has victory in your life and maybe even the need for a season of "stepping back" and searching, waiting in the process of healing. No wound heals alike. It takes time, God's time.

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities.
For when I am weak, then I am strong." II Corinthians 12:9-10

Today Lord Jesus, I know that this thorn in my flesh in inconvienent, uncomfortable but that You have allowed it for a reason, and it's always for my good and Your glory. God, may I find comfort in my body soon, but peace and comfort in my soul quickly. You are my refuge and strength. Thank You for the greater sacrifice You have given on my behalf, seeing Your Son take on such painful thorns for the sake of mine. I praise Your Healing and Enduring Name. amen.

PS. THIS is how I like my fish!! SWIMMING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment