Monday, May 21, 2012

Do You Know Who's Bible That Is?

Sunday evening our family was back up at the church for the AWANA Awards Night which is always great! Every year I am challenged about the amount of scriptures these young kids are able to memorize and especially of the ones who are recognized for going above and beyond. As an adult, it challenges me.

Anyway, as we sat there, we noticed a bible at the end of the row and I was pretty sure I knew who's Bible it was eventhough that's not where she had sat earlier that morning in worship service. I asked one of my kids if she was here cuz I hadn't seen her (we arrived late due to a meeting we were committed to) and they said No.

At the close of the ceremony, I looked around and didn't see her and figured someone had moved it to this more central spot to be found. So, I picked it up, fully knowing exactly who's it was and to be absolutley sure, I opened it's front cover and the handwriting, oh yes, I immediately recognized without even reading it...small and defined, it was hers for sure. So, I took it to a place where I knew she'd be able to find it easily and it was out of public hands. (I don't know about you, but although my Bible is open to the hands of anyone to use for a moment, I certainly would not want someone thumbing through my personal notes stuck inside. I guess since you just never know, I ought to do a little "spring cleaning" in my own bible.)

It delighted my heart in such a SiLLy way, that I knew from 10ft away, exactly who's Bible had been left behind,and even to make double sure, I recognized the handwriting inside. I knew the Bible because I had studied alongside that bible for over a year. That exact Bible had been used to teach me and encourage me as I sought out wisdom. I had seen that handwriting on a dry erase board many times  as I shared some classes with her. She was delighted to receive my message that I had claimed her Bible and returned it safely knowing she'd be wanting it back quick!!! Who knew there was a lesson for me in it!?! Something so minimal and yet God can use anything to teach us more about Him! Good God, You are good!!

Would someone be able to recognize your own "Bible?" Literal or not. I wonder when people see me 10ft away or are intimately close to me, do they know my "bible" and/or "my handwriting?" Do I use my (literal) Bible as my main resource guide as I encourage others or as I seek out my own knowledge of truth? It is so visible so others know? Not an an arrogant, "look at me" way, but in a "this is my only hope" way. Am I using "my Bible" at all times, in every area of my life, with anyone I am with that they would recognize it at a glance?

And as far as the handwriting, am I living out in an identifiable way, the words of my "Bible?" In a day and age of technology, how special it is is receive a handwritten note from a friend. It has become a rare thing, a dying art. We all have unique characters (literally-in DNA and God's giftedness) so I wonder if they would identify us if evidence has been found?

Have you been recently seperated from your "Bible?" What a blessing to have others close to you to bring it back to you! Satan is slick...we can become scattered and drift away, not even knowing it, but those around us can see what's been lost and bring us back to our Bible, quick!! Thank You God for Your hands and feet here on Earthe who act on Your behalf.

"For thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I, I myself will search for my sheep and will seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock when he is among his sheep that have been scattered, so will I seek out my sheep, and I will rescue them from all places where they have been scattered on a day of clouds and thick darkness."
Ezekiel 34:11-12

Father God,

Thank You for blessing me with such amazing friends, Sisters in Christ who are all about You, shining Your Light everywhere they go. The core of them is their Bible, You. Thank You for engraving their names in my own heart as a remembrance of Your hands and feet, a provision of Your tangible Love her on Earth, in teaching, encouraging, accountability, for times of joy and times of sorrow.
May our lives reflect You so that anyone looking on us near or far would know for sure what our "Bible" looks like and if they were to open us up that they would see Your handwriting as our own. May our life bring You glory in and through Your Son's Intimate Name, amen!!

"You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to
your Father who is in heaven."
Matthew 5:13-16



No comments:

Post a Comment