Sunday, June 3, 2012

Your Pick


You know those stories where you get to choose the story line and it creates 2 versions of the story for the reader? Well, I have 2 choices for you tonight. It’s been “one of those weeks” and yet “I’m thankful for all God has done.” So, you pick which of the following blog-points you’d like to read:



BAD: Glass Half Empty. It’s Been One of THOSE Weeks. What is God Doing? I am READY for Vacation!!!

GOOD: Glass if Half Full. God is Good. I’m Thankful for ALL God has done! Can’t Wait for Vacation!!



Most of you know me and know that I am more of a positive, glass half full, hopeful personality than a negative, glass half empty, hopeless personality. Of course I have my down days and even seasons of “Ugh” but by the Grace of God, I seem to make it through, one step at a time. These past few weeks have been truly bitter-sweet. I’d have to say that most of the time, I feel very “in-control” and balanced with everything tilted to the “It’s all good” side of life. But I must say these past few weeks have been 50/50 in the “good and bad” of life. I’m going to lay the issues out there in hopes to help someone else see that there is always something good if we are looking, hoping for it.
Our faith is our hope in times of trouble. If my eyes are fixed on good, I will clearly see the good. If my eyes are on the bad, I will only see the bad as I yearn for the good. If my eyes are focused on the good of Christ (hope, faith, love) then I will see His mighty hand as it leads me through the bad. With Christ, I know despite the evil, the trials, the heartache and the condemnation around me, I hold on with all I have to the Cross of Salvation. My Risen Savior lifts me up. He holds on to me even if my grip is weak. He is strong!! God is always with us, we know that. He is also never going to give us more than we  (WITH HIM) can bear, got it. But what about when everything seems wrong, what’s good about bad?!? Here’s me lately...maybe you can relate too:



BAD: Took son to get Learners Permit. Waited 2hrs to find out they passed a new law just days before that you must show TWO proofs of residence. Time wasted.

GOOD: Got to spend extra time with my 15yr old playing games on his phone and catching up.



BAD: Took son back again with TWO recommended utility bill proofs to find out the bills were in my husband’s name and not mine. More wasted time...2hrs every time:(
Did I mention I had a fever, and was on the way afterward to the hospital for a procedure?

GOOD: My husband and I are now talking about the business part of marriage-Wills, Names on accounts, Permissions, etc.  



BAD: Didn’t plan on the lost time with DPS due to their inefficiency.

GOOD: Hopefully demonstrated patience and respect for authority even when they seem unfair.





BAD: Had a fishbone stuck in my throat. Had fever all week. Husband was out of town all week.

GOOD: Extra cuddle time with the kiddos….and delicious mashed potatoes (fav comfort food) AND lost 5 lbs!!



BAD: Husband was out of town all week so I waited for him to be home to have procedure done.

GOOD: Thankful my husband has a job and we have insurance coverage.



BAD: Tried to experiment building a paper mache volcano and it didn’t work! Killed my shoulders leaning over to apply for the couple of hours. More wasted time.

GOOD: Enjoyed fellowship with a friend and shoulder rub from my Honey!



BAD: Had procedure but they didn’t find bone. All that for nothing.

GOOD: Had great experience with great staff which I was previously anxious about.



BAD: My body was very stressed from the week and maybe response to anesthesia. Heartrate kicked up and left me feeling very anxious and out of breath for 2 days.

GOOD: Forced CHILL OUT time at home and pool with kids as husband stepped in and helped with needs. Took 48hrs to get back to normal...thank God it healed without intervention of meds.



BAD: Back to DPS with son to get Permit, waited another 2 hours. In bind with getting other kids picked up from school.

GOOD: Extra time AND I confronted employee of our wait and need to NOT come A 4th TIME and she got us back…and he passed!!!! Friend helped me get kids.



BAD: Had 2 xrays done by 2 radiologists. One says there IS a fishbone and the other says there is NOT a fishbone. What in the world?!?

GOOD: I am practicing grace and confrontation/conflict resolution on my own. I have had favor with all the Dr’s and technicians so far.



BAD: All the wasted time doing what only needed to take ¼ the time it did.

GOOD: Reminded of the Israelites and how I don’t want to be like them when things are in my control. Understanding that not everything is something I can do something about. Patience. Endurance.



BAD: Still need to get volcano done.

GOOD: Thankful I have done rock formations before and I LIKE crafting, so I cannot wait to bust it out tomorrow!!!!



BAD: Sat down to blog tonight and no internet connection.

GOOD: Another problem solved- Word, then cut and paste whenever I get internet back. J



BAD: Haven’t SCUBA since Jan 2008. Had one of my first warning flag panic attacks under water in Belize. Yes, a little PTSD now.

GOOD: Friend who certified me is taking me into the dive pool for a little refresher and encouragement before we leave. Excited!



BAD: There is soooo much to do before VBS and Vacation.

GOOD: YAY my church is having VBS and YAY I get to go on vacation with my family.



BAD: HAVE to work on the volcano which means I will miss my daughter’s Splash Day.

GOOD: I will be keeping my word to finish what I committed to months ago so I can enjoy the rest of the week with my family.



BAD: My cell battery drains out by 4pm everyday this past week.

GOOD: Thankful for all my family and friends who continued to blow up my phone with texts and emails to encourage me and show their concern.



BAD: Date night away for one night with my honey. It is his b-day and might be my “d-day.”

GOOD: At least we get to have adult time for 24hrs and sleep in!!!



BAD: With everything going on, physically and emotionally, I haven’t done any ministry work.

GOOD: God intercedes on my behalf and HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT filling in my gaps!!!



There is always bad. There is always good. To everything a season. The choice is ours which we choose to dwell on. I could certainly be crushed and angry and freaking out but I choose peace. I haven’t felt peace at all times, but I have Peace to rest on as I set my mind on Christ.

I hate that I swallowed the bone but sooo glad I did and not one of my children!!! I hate that I haven’t been able to minister to others this past week, especially not having focus or energy to work on my own memory verses and study notes, but I trust that God will open the flood gates at the right time and make up for this “lost” time. I know He will supply all I need when I need it, so I rest in His divine plan for serving Him and growing in Him.

I don’t know what you are going through or how crazy or maybe even great things are going for you right now, but may I encourage you that God is in control and if you are in need, He will supply it. If you are satisfied and everything is wonderful, then may I encourage you to reach out and give.

Every storm has a rainbow.

Every rose has a thorn.



BAD: There’s so much going on, it took longer to write as I ponder, “What’s good about THAT?!” and now it is late.

GOOD: I got to work it all out with you and breathe a big sigh of vented relief, ahhhh.



Father God, thank You that in everything there You remain, watching, guiding, protecting and providing. Even when we want, we know that You alone are all we really need. Jesus, just saying Your name lifts my spirit higher. Thank You Holy Spirit for leading me through the troubled waters and bringing Light into what is intended to be darkness from the evil one. God, You are a Mighty Fortress and Mighty to Save!! I praise You. Amen.
*I wrote this post a week ago but haven't had internet at home to post. It has turned out to be a better week. I am so thankful I chose to focus Christ, looking forward with hope and faith rather than dwell on all the What if's and all that is bad. Choose this day whom you will serve!!!!!!!
Blessings all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment