Monday, October 25, 2010

I Want the Unwanted

Meet "The Girls"
This is Princess (left) and Bow (right).


Almost 2 weeks ago, these sweet little abandon girls made their way into our family. Unfortunatly, we are not able to keep them. Our 9 year old Beagle has been pretty patient with them but I think she is ready for her space back.

These puppies were about 9 weeks old when we found them wondering the streets. I am an animal lover and cannot just casually walk by a hurting animal. Just cannot do it. I have rescued several dogs before (even a bird...oh and a clan of baby Wood Ducks!) With all the previous resuces I have been able to get them to a rescue agency or their owner within 2 days. Not so this time. The vet believes they are a lab/pit mix so they were probably dumped.

Here I was thinking I was helping these sweet, grateful sisters out but actually, they have helped me and my family. God has used this rescue to teach me about rescue and relationship. I could go on and on, but I am going to attempt to simply express the many ways God has touched me through these sisters.

A cord of three is stronger and not easily broken. Had these girls seperated from eachother, they would not have been able to help eachother. It's so cute to see them cuddle up on the blanket intertwined, keeping warm, and probably feeling safe.

There is no comfort when you are alone. If you lead an isolated, closed off life, it will be hard to receive comfort in your time of need because you have created a barrier no one can cross into. We need eachother's encouragement and comfort. Also, God is our comfort and if we turn to Him He is faithful to rescue & redeem.

When the world spits you out for who you are, remember God loves you unconditionally and accepts you completely.

With a real, genuine Sister, you can relax and rest in their fellowship, knowing you have someone to cuddle with when it gets cold and dark outside.

You don't have to be something you are not with your Sister. Inside you are the same spirit. Learn to look at the heart and don't judge something from the outside.

You cannot just go around pooping and peeing wherever you wish. Respect for others...have self-control in word and deed.

Patience~young hearts do not yet have wisdom of mature hearts.

It is such a blessing to give. I also see the joy on the one receiving.

Your accepting help can make the difference between life and death.

Helping others often requires sacrifice on our part.

Be so full of joy and thankfulness that you cannot help but jump!

I could go and on, but I won't. There is so much I have learned. In summary, I have been reminded how much God loves me and wants me to trust and rest in His protection and provision. I recognize the blessing and importance of helping others in their time of need. On the flip side, I also realize the importance of receiving help when in need. My life may depend upon it.

Just as I took the puppies to the vet to be evaluated and see what help they needed, so also must I submit my heart, soul and mind to God and ask Him to help me, cleanse me, grow me. Our God is so patient. I think most of us live a greater part of our life like a puppy~ no self-control, chewing everything up, laying waste wherever we please without care of it's effects, doing as we please. I wonder if God ever wonders When will she get it? Isn't she paying attemtion to my trainings?

Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. Do not stifle the Holy Spirit.
I Thess 5:16-19

God, thank You for rescuing me and providing for my every need. Because of You, I have life. Lord God, forgive my immature behavior, clean my heart and soul. Give me courage to not only love others but to receive love from others. Thank You for the gift of friendship which keeps us warm in heart and spirit. Your sacrifice for me is so great, God help me to live a life worthy and pleasing of Your gift to me. May my spirit continue to jump for joy in thanksgiving for all that You have done and been for me. With abandoned self, rescued by You, amen.

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10



Praying a sweet blessing of prosperity over you girls! I will miss you greatly!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment