Wednesday, December 4, 2013

They Attacked my Joy!

They were out for my JOY!!!! Yes they were!! I was walking with a friend and after we had been walking for an hour (insect free I might add), we walked through a wooded area and all of a sudden mosquitos from the entire neighborhood flocked onto me!! Where in the world did they come from?! They ambushed me!! I noticed a few landing on my arm but she could see the whole family clan all over my arms, back and face. She said, "What oil are you wearing because they sure want it!!" At first I said I wasn't wearing any because that morning I didn't remember putting any one, and then it came to me. I did
There is an essential oil called Joy which is made from rose and I had placed it in my diffuser necklace which I was wearing! Normally, I can have Peppermint or Purification mixed with some lotion on me and I am not bothered once from outdoor insects. But, this morning it was just my Joy I had on and they wanted to suck it right out of me!! Some of the mosquitos I could feel biting me but apparently the other 199 I could not feel or see around me. Needless to say, I came back through a different way.
What a reminder of how Satan can blindside us sometimes and ambush us, sucking out our Joy. God is never caught off guard but we can be. Trials may come and go, gradually building or appearing in our life but there are times when - BAM!, you turn a corner and there it is! What Satan wants is our Joy. If he can get us to loose our Joy, we loose the center of our Hope and our Peace. The Joy of the Lord is my strength. Joy in the Lord is how I have hope, peace and comfort. When my joy depletes, I find my days weary, dreary, lonely and hopeless. The Joy of the Lord is my strength. He is my strength to face my trial because I know He is with me and that gives me hope. He is my strength to face hardships because I know He is for me and will fight victoriously for me and that gives me peace. I need my Joy to keep awake in my spirit, heart, soul and mind so that my steps will keep moving forward and not grow weary and loose all direction and motivation. 
I did not return to that same area where I had been ambushed by those blood thirsty suckers. Wisdom says be cautious and prepared and find another way if necessary. It is crucial to arm ourself with Joy, The Word and Prayer. And if you don't, don't be surprised when you are met with pesky little suckers who are there to deplete your Joy! Be alert, Be prepared. I promise you that next time I walk, I will be wearing my other oils to deflect the blood thirsty insects!!
How grateful I was to have someone walking beside me that noticed the ambush which I could not see on my own and helped me fight them off! That's exactly why God says for us to love your neighbor. Living life together (should) reflect God's love for us. We ought to walk alongside and stand firm with one another in love, to encourage, to intercede, to lift up and to forgive one another…and fight a clan blood thirsty suckers when they attack! Oh the blessing where "two or more are gathered!" 
Friend, are you feeling ambushed today? Are trials mounting up in your life? Do you feel like you can't get a handle on your heart and mind? Do you feel weary, tired, at a lose? Then, may I remind you to get out of the woods and walk on the clear path beside you. Gather up your Joy and move forward!! Get up off the floor, or out of bed for some of us, and life up your eyes. If you lay down and crater under the trial, you will become a greater victim. You must keep walking! You must guard your Joy with The Word of God (like my Purification oil that heals and protects) and by prayer with thanksgiving (like my Peppermint oil that invigorates, gives clarity and settles my tenseness). And if you still find it difficult and overwhelming, then find someone who can help you see what you cannot see and ask them to help you walk out of the woods!!! Be joy-full, hope-full and peace-full in Jesus' Name knowing He is your Defender and Strength!! He is King of kings and Lord of lords, The God of gods. He holds the whole world in His hands!!! He is a banner over me and I am His!! Praise His holy and redeeming name!!! Amen!!!

"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:9-10

"Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the LORD, "You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you." As for the saints in the land, they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight. The sorrows of those who run after another god shall multiply; their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names on my lips. The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16


For those who are interested and will ask: you can purchase oils or sign up at www.youngliving.org/1003168. You can find TONS of information on Google and YouTube or email me and I will answer what I can:) They have helped me with my anxiety, stress, aches, insects and general first aid. I am thankful for the natural remedies God has given me!!!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment