Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Husband the Fork. Me, the Sticks.

Our family just returned from a delightful vacation to our favorite Beach destination, Cozumel. It was wonderful!! Lots of time to relax and be under no demands, yet we did manage to always be doing something. Weird how that works.
One evening we went for Chinese. As usual, I grabbed the chopsticks (I love a good challenge) and my man grabbed the fork (he loves efficiency). Of course, the kids asked why did we use "that and not the same thing."
1.) We are different. 2.) There is more than one way to get the job done.



My Husband is a lot like the fork. He shines in the spotlight. He is strong in will and strength. He likes to be efficient and get the job done quickly (work or play). He is very practical and great for all ages. He can also provide help for any "cuisine."

Me? I am the chopsticks. I'm never in a hurry and I enjoy taking my time but will get the job done with effeciency and appreciate a good, fun challenge. I tend to be strong in will and strength too but have a softer composure.

Is either one better than the other? No. They each have a purpose, and each are made with their own breaking points. Therefore, how can we judge that one is the "right way" vs. the other? The kids were quick to grab the sticks to give it a try, finding joy in doing something different. They were quick to judge the fork-people why they weren't using the sticks. I found myself explaining how God makes each of us with one goal...to know Him and glorify Him and that there is more than one way to do that. We are all equipped to get "the job" done but the way in which we do it, vary.

Praise God that we are not intended to be the same. Praise God that there is only ONE WAY that leads to Salvation but many ways in which we live in honor and thanksgiving, giving thanks to God the Father in Christ Jesus. To each a purpose. To each a mission. There is NO condemnation. There is no judgement. There is no right or wrong.

One God. One Faith. One Body with many parts!! 

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

"For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another." Romans 12:3-5

"Let love be genuine.
Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 
Love one another with brotherly affection.
Outdo one another in showing honor. 
Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.   Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.   Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.   Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.  
Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.
Never be wise in your own sight.  
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.  
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:9-18


Father God, One Lord and Savior of All, I praise You for the diversity of Your Creation. Thank You that I am not made to be like anyone else. Thank You that I can find my identity in You alone. Father, open my eyes to see in me that which is good, practical, special and available to be used by You. I know You have equipped each one of us to fulfill a mission unique to us and that in that uniquness there can be no judegement or condemnation. May You receive all the glory and praise as we walk in Your Name. Help us to have faith enough to walk where, how and when. Shape us and mold us in Your Amazing and Beautiful and Strong Hands. Bless Your Name above All others!!! Amen. 

Silly Me! Yes, I am a dork.

1 comment:

  1. Great pic of the both of you. Praise the Lord that He has a sense of humor and matches us with an unlikely mate! :)

    Love you,
    Crystal M.

    ReplyDelete