Monday, January 17, 2011

Let them Scribble-Scrabble

This morning, my 4 year old told me that he didn't like to go to school. I asked him why not and he replied, "My Friend always scribble-scrabbles on his paper and I don't like to." I couldn't help but giggle at that reasoning but it was something I reflected on later after I spoke the words, "Honey, you cannot let other people dictate how you feel or enjoy something. If you like doing it, then do it! Don't worry about what they do. Maybe you will even be able to teach them how to color inside the lines." (Obviously this is not a permissison to sin, not going down that road. I am simply talking about letting someone else's actions change what you do. I am also not saying that a person is wrong for doing things differently than we do.)

The point is~ We have the ability to impact just as much as we can be impacted.

This was a good reminder for me as well. It is hard when those around us are disrespectful, negative and hurtful. Not only does it affect our enjoyment of the shared activity but it also gives us an opportunity. We have the opportunity to stand tall and not flee. God has called us as Believers to teach, encourage, love others, not becoming like them or by avoiding them, but patiently through His enabling of the Holy Spirit, reflect Him to the watching world.

Just this past week, our Pastor preached about knowing God's will. Two things struck a cord with me. 1.) We need eachother. We need 2-3 Believers in our life that are willing to speak truth, GOD'S TRUTH, into our lives. Therefore, we must be willing to open our hearts up, which is a vulnerable place, and allow these few precious ones in so that God can speak into our lives. We must risk being hurt. I thank God that He has blessed me with a precious few Sisters that love me just as I am and yet have my persmission to speak truth. The other is 2.) Attitude~ having the right attitude that pleases God. The fruit of the spirit is a good check list to see how we are reflecting His love to others around us. Am I also aggrivated, negative or joyful and encouraging? I have a choice. Satan would prefer that I sucumb to the stress of the world, but through God's power and might, I can carry His love out.

We are one body and we are all gifted differently. We must too be careful of comparrisons. Just as each body part has a specific function so do each of us in the body. None is exactly alike. Satan seeks out to destroy and distract and there are going to be times of distraction. So, all we can do is remain focused on our part, stay inside our own lines and let God change the scribble scrabblers. Maybe He will use us to teach, encourage, or mentor someone else but that is for God to know.

I choose my behaviors and am not responsible for someon one else's. All I can do is go where God leads, do what God tells me to do and do it the way God shows me. I am certainly not perfect, no one is, but I can say this, I am intentionally and prayerfully asking God to empty me of me and fill me with more of Him! I will mess things up. I do mess things up. God's grace however, fills me. His love is enough for me.

I could go on each of these somewhat same but seperate issues, but I won't. Today's point is simple....

You are free to be Imperfect You and I am free to be Imperfect Me!!!! WHAT FREEDOM!!!!

Let God work His prefection through us to bring to completion the work He began. He is the Alpha and Omega! The Author and Perfector of our Faith!



"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--
His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12: 2

 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." I Peter 1:6-9


Praise~ Glory~ Honor~

AMEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment