Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Drink More Water!!!

God really does crack me up. He has brought me to tears, both happy ones and sad ones. Today was a day of joyful tears. Like I have so many times, I am just a visual learner and God certainly teaches me and talks to me often through visuals. In recent days I have been praying for affirmations of His will in my life, to make sure I am on the right path. Am I reading what I need to be reading, doing in my day what I need to do and am I receiving what He is giving and am I giving where and how He is asking.

This is a time of study for me. I am preparing to lead a Mother's bible study and yet I have this sense of rest and peace. Shouldn't I be doing more Lord? The answer has been No, rest in me. There are seasons we go through where our service or ministering is something you sign the dotted line for. Other times, in our "off season" we are to rest and minister as we walk through our day, to whom ever God places there, in whatever circumstance we find ourself. Of course, we are never "off" from ministering or serving Him as far as being lazy but resting in Him is an important season. It is work to rest. We can minister one step and need at a time. No Sign Up Sheet needed.

Timely words...somedays when I am really seeking after God, I feel like I am on a treasure hunt of sorts. He will show me something that leads me to another treasure which leads to another and another. All throughout the day, His message strings together into a specific message to me. It may sound weird, it is weird to try to explain it but point is...God speaks sometimes briefly and other times throughout divine moments.

Today, my IPod was downloaded with some of my favorite pastor's and the one I chose happened to be about waiting on God, taking time to rest. When the fishermen were casting their nets, they had to stop to mend their nets. That's where I find myself, mending my net, to be stronger.

Then, the next treasure came once I got home. I was doing a quick vacumm and just as I was finishing, "something" said to get down on my hands and knees on the floor. I really wasn't planning on it, just needed a quick run over, but I felt the need to so I did. When I was down on hands and knees looking under the couch, I noticed the dropped popcorn. Lesson- there are some things that can only be seen when you get down on your knees. Applying this spiritually- we must go where He leads, His plans are not always ours, even when we don't understand, we must trust and obey. There will be things revealed that can only come from being on our knees before God.

Then, I am laughing as I write this...I won't say names to protect the identity of the person. Someone has been struggling with constipation in our house and therefore going to the bathroom has been a little painful. I know, how is this a treasure moment...I am laughing too...don't worry. I told this person that it was important to drink lots and lots of water to make the poop softer, thus making it easier to get out. Well, today, my toddler was helping me make our lunch and he said to me, "Mom, I am going to drink this big water so I can get the big poo-poos out cuz if I drink little water, it won't all come out and it will hurt." I replied, "Yes, we need to be filled with water to get the poop out." You can probably see where I am going with this one. Spiritual Lesson- being filled with the Living Water is what gets rid of our poop, junk inside our hearts, mind, sould and spirit. The more water we drink, the easier it will be and also, more consistant and less painful. When are body (spirit) is dehydrated, things don't work like they should making it more painful of an experience.

It is funny, I know, but the lessons are there. This is what I have asked God for and He has heard my prayers. I want to walk my day out with God and I want to hear Him as I walk, not just at the end of my day. As much as I experience "serious" holy moments with God (prayer time, worship, meditation, stillness), He sure has given me practical (normal, every day examples, teaching moments) holy moments with Him. God can use any thing and any one to speak to us. Just this past Sunday, a question I had been asking God, a dear Sister affirmed the decision I had made, not even knowing I has posed the question to God. His word is always timely and true and they do not come just Sunday mornings through the Pastor.

He uses any circumstance, any hour of the day or night (I have had several beautiful 3am moments), any place through any means-sermons, KSBJ, friends, books, fellowships, over coffee, at the park, making lunch. :) He is talking. Are we listening?

Are you on the look out for the treasures, lessons, opportunities to hear Him today? At home, in the car, at the office, in the gym, at the grocery store, in the carline, in the bathroom.

Drink more Water~ it will help you get the poop out!


" Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water." John 4:13-15


 "Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. The sun will not beat upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; He will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment