Thursday, February 25, 2010

You are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine!

"The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to the place where it sets... 
I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is Mine, 
and all that is in it."  Psalms 50:1,9-12

Just when we think we are alone, God reminds us we certainly are not!  How quick we are to forget that this God, our God, the One and Only True God calls out and summons the sun from the rising to the setting of each day. Wow! That is power. That is authority. He is Author and Perfecter of everything. Everything is under His command...including us.
We get so caught up in our "doings" throughout the day, running here and there, returning calls, taking care of the kids and the house, working out projects, running errands for others, that our minds fall into the self-preservation mode if we are not careful. Plugging along one activity at a time only to be thrown a loop in our day and all of a sudden we are "lost." 
That was exactly me over a year ago. I was living life, caring for the kids, house, doing all the things a typical stay at home Mom (and Homeschooling Mom) do each day. Only, I forgot to consult my Boss, my Authority the beginning of every morning. I knew what I need to get done today, just to survive, but I forgot to check in with Him, the One who summoned the Sun to shine through my windows that morning as I awoke and began to prepare for the day to come.
My God is a patient God. He waited and waited for me, even through a few warning flags to direct me to Him. Because He promises that He will not allow the weights to be more than we can bear, He captured me where I could no longer go without consulting Him. Believing I was moving forward, He saw me going backwards and He stopped me from continuing on in the wrong directing. Where I was heading is not where He was summoning me to go.  I do not want to ever again be in a place without my Authority and Maker. Now, I purpose my morning to be still and listen and seek out His summons for me that day. One day at a time, with God's help, I will walk where He leads. From planning out the routine of the day to praying for another, I submit..."God, help my flesh stay out of the way and keep my spirit strong and faithful to follow You."
Friend, do you know that the same God who summons the sun and who's authority is over everything in the earth is summoning you? He has a plan for you. When the sunlight next filters in through your window blinds, won't you allow Him to capture you where you are and may His Light be a summons to your spirit. Be reminded that He is with you. He is in control over ALL things- all your loved ones, all your projects, all your duties, chores and roles you fulfill, illness and disease, anxieties, dreams and desires, needs and wants. He is the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End of ALL things! Heaven and Earth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment