Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR'S 2010!!!


His Grace is amazing to me, I simply cannot comprehend it. Listen and worship to this song with me for a minute...click here.

New Year's Eve...a time to celebrate the year gone by and the year ahead. A time to make New Year's resolutions (for some). A time to hang out with friends and family, bringing in the new year with laughter and anticipation. Unfortunatley, this was not the case for me last year, New Year's 2009. My body, mind and spirit were absolutely consumed by fear and anxiety. Over the course of the year, God in His sovereignty brought me healing and encouragement through faithful Sisters in Christ who would keep my eyes and heart lifted upwards to my loving Father who in His great mercy and grace transformed my mind and renewed my spirit new every morning!!

I looked ahead and saw only fear, shame, lonliness and isolation. In my human eyes, 2009 would surely come to be the worst year in my life and if I was to be completely honest, I wasn't so sure if I really wanted to walk through 365 days of it. I am so glad for the patience of God and for the extra measure of it He gave me one day at a time as I woke up and tried to find joy again. One day at a time, He was steadfast, merciful, gracious, loving and purposeful. I am thankful for those precious few who covered me in prayer, who ministered to my broken heart (and mind). They were the hands and feet of God, beautiful expressions of God's Love.
Turns out 2009 was probably the richest year of my life...wow! God's plan always prevails and His ways are always perfect! We would never wish a storm to come for ourself or anyone else, however it is only after the storm when the rainbow displays it's beautiful radiance for all to see. I am so glad God brought me this storm for the rainbow of blessings that have followed. Do I pray for another stormy year...no and yes. I pray for pruning and refining in my life, knowing it may hurt sometimes but that is okay because I know God holds me and He will always do what is best to ultimately bring Him glory. Whatever 2010 brings, as long as God is with me, which He is, then I say "In Jesus Name, with God's grace and purpose-Bring it on!"
Are you or someone you know going through a storm as the New Year approaches? I encourage you: Never give up for God has a plan and purpose for you...no, you may not feel it or believe it all the time but you must trust the One who holds your very breath. Emotions and feelings can deceive you, seek truth (God and His Word) and cling to it with all you have. Never let go..He won't ever let go of you!!


With 2010 just hours away, I find myself overwhelmed with Love. In His Love, I have peace, joy, contentment, hope, laughter, and amazing grace. My spirit can't help but want to share it, we're called to share Love with others. Some people are easier to love on than others, but He calls us to Love all, for He came to rescue the broken hearted and the sinners...not the pretty ones, the rich ones, the ones we are most like. God's Love, Jesus Christ, is for ALL!!

Today is a day of praise and worship for me. With a humble and excited spirit I look forward to asking and seeking God's will each and every day, petitioning His blessings not only for me but those around me. That is my New Year's Resolution-deeper trust, greater hope, enduring faith, unmeasuable patience and acceptance of His unconditional Love.

HAPPY AND BLESSED NEW YEARS 2010 to you and yours!! You are safe in His arms. (Click here for this beautiful song and video.)
God Bless you, Michele
~
~
~
~PART II
SHOULD I PRAY?? WILL YOU PRAY FOR ME??
Prayer...can He hear me? Am I "good enough" to be heard? Yes, He can hear you!! Never again will I discount the efforts of prayer of just one. I have questioned whether my single prayer would make a difference, Who am I to be praying for them? I know better than that and it has been one of Satan's lies that has had to be replaced with truth-our prayers are important, they are heard, crystal clear and with whole-hearted passion.

Sure, there are times of corporate prayer where we should gather and have multitudes to pray over us, but even just the prayer of one is mighty and powerful. There is no difference in one vs. a hundred when it comes to how God hears and answers our prayers. The way we pray, and how many pray are as individual as our spirits are from one another. It may be that through the gathering of many, another's faith will be tested or affirmed. Only God knows how far reaching the testimony can go. And yet, it may be one on one with someone who cares for you, loves you and lifts you up..God's full attention is there too. He doesn't hear you any less in your small corner of the world. One on one or one and a hundred...and this is for each one of us who call His name! Can you comprehend this??? I cannot. Wow...an amazing God amazes me continually. The more I get to know Him, I become more and more awe-struck and amazed I become.

When we interceed for another, the Holy Spirit is also with us and what greater power is there than He? God hears the cries and moans of one as loudly and clearly as the thousands. What I love about prayer is that it can be done anywhere, by anyone of any age, with any number of people. I have prayed among hundreds, tens, one on one and alone. Half the time I have been asked to pray for a need and the other half, it is the prompting of the Holy Spirit that alerts my spirit. I love when that happens! Of course, it is an absolute honor to be asked to be a prayer warrior for another but I love it when the Holy Spirit just surprises you and says "Let's pray!" Well, I say I love it...but really, I love the privilege of it and ministry of it, knowing God has included me in something bigger than me...but sometimes you don't know if your are covering an bad suation or covering a good one, so I pray God's will be done on earth as it is in Heaven followed with whatever He guides....hoping for blessings of course!
For me, there is no greater joy than to pray for another because I know that the Holy Spirit is joining me and we are talking directly to the mighty One who saves, heal, restores and loves unconditionally. We are asking favor for a life-change in someone's life...we will never know the widespread affect it can have for blessings may reach generations deep. Even in my own life, I won't fully know how this past year's journey with the Lord will impact those I minister to in my family and those He crosses my path with, then and now.

Whether it is praying for help or praying for blessing in the life of another, your heart's voice is heard. There is power available to us and how we need to be reminded of it and access it. We are called to love one another, encourage one another, building each other up...imagine if each of us really did?!?! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment