Friday, September 18, 2009

Look Into My Eyes


Today I took my toddlers to an indoor play-area and Corey, my youngest, was afraid of the section on top that was made to simulate a swinging bridge. It was braided so you could see straight down. I am not sure if it was the fact that it moved or that you could see how far you would fall should it break!?! Encouraging him from down below was not working. You guessed it, I made the Mommy Climb up the twisting and turning two story play-system to rescue him. I positioned myself on the other side and reached out my hand to him, asking him to trust me and make his milestone crawl across the moving 4 ft. bridge. After a moment of pondering, he looked straight into my eyes and reached for my hand. I could see the fear in his eyes above his quivering lips. He was trusting me with his life! He trusted me to do what I said I would do...and that was get him safely across to the other side.
Isn't that exactly how we are with God except we don't always act in child-like faith. My son trusted me because he knew me and knew my character. I am trustworthy. God sees us when we are scared, afraid, angry, hopeless and He wants you to look Him in the eyes and reach for Him trusting in Him because He is trustworthy. If His voice sound far, close your eyes and take a deep breathe and ask Him to draw you nearer. He has not moved. He is before you with out-stretched hands waiting for you to hold on.

Just a few short months ago, climbing up through the play-system triggered a small panic attack from the entrapment and claustrophobia it made me feel. God is soooo good. It was a great opportunity to practice trusting Him in the midst of my storm. Today, as I freely climb to the top, I took a minute and sat there looking over the high edge that once frightened me. I praised my Father, my Compassionate Father for reaching out for me, so far that it put Him on the cross of Calvary.

"Lord, thank You for your acceptance that not matter where we are or what we feel, You are there! You are The God over everything big and small. Thank You for giving me remembrance today of Your soverenity and omnipresence. I love You Lord and I lift my hands in praise to You alone! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment