Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Home Sweet Home

Wow, how time flies! I cannot believe 2015 has already passed the half way mark! Soon, stores will start bringing out their Christmas in July sales! Yikes!!! Where has the time gone?!?
I don't really have a formal devotional blog to send out today. I have met so many new people over the recent months and have given out my blog address as a source of meeting me and hopefully being encouraged by a post or two. Welcome and Happy Summer!!!! So, I thought I would at least pop in to say Hello real quick! I have many drafts written but have not had time to edit or post them. Even island life is busy! 
We have been crazy busy with all of the end of year kid events, most significantly, the graduation of our Senior from high school! The love and support of family and friends have been mind-blowing. It's crazy to think the kids completed their one year of schooling here in The Keys as was our original call to move here for one year. I mentioned to the kids that their last day of school here was done and we would be returning to Texas in 6 weeks (if we were planning on going back) and each one gave a dreadful "noooooo.....! We don't wanna leave yet!!!" Just another affirmation of our call.
While we surely have missed our friends, family and church, God has also blessed us here with His goodness and grace. We have seen clearly the call to come and now clearly see the call to stay. We don't know for how long. We sincerely want to be right where God wants us because it is only when we are in the center of HIS will and plan that we will experience perfect peace and joy. We had it in Texas and we have it here too. Home is wherever God dwells. That's our perfect happy place! 
I have had people ask me if I felt closer to God here in this tropical paradise and the answer is No. Location, circumstances or surroundings may enhance the awe of creation which gives me a glimpse into the aweness of The Creator but His hands created everything and His breath of life can be found anywhere. I find the heart of God in every zip code!! I am only as close to God as I am to feeling His breath over me, His arms carrying me, His whispers leading me, His strength empowering me, His Word cutting to my marrow. Just as in any relationship, the more time you spend together, the closer you will know them, love them and trust them. Same with God!
Truthfully, I "felt" closer to Him in Texas. There, I was deeply involved in church, mentoring and being mentored, living life with deep rooted Sisters in Christ, sat under the teaching of a zealous Bible teaching woman of God week after week, was led by an outspoken, truth in love preaching Pastor amongst a flock of Believers who's undercurrent was serving on mission wherever they went with pure intentions and focused intentionalities! The hedge of protection around my heart and spirit was deep and wide and long. I was surrounded by The Word and many who were God's very Word to me. While much of their love and prayers reach and cover me here too (love knows no bounds), it's not the same as weekly, in the flesh face time, sharing coffee, walking, studying, praying together. God has been so sweet to bring me to a Bible Study group that loves the Lord purely who's wisdom inspires and challenges me. He has also blessed each of us with some precious friends! Depth simply takes time. Time to grow and be nurtured, strengthened and rooted into deeper grounds.
We knew our move here was a call to be on mission with our main focus on our family of 6, recalibrating, strengthening and purifying our hearts, minds and souls to center on Him so that through His work in us we can serve Him and love Him better and because of that love, serve others better also. 
He has led us to a community church which has embraced us as if we were long lost family, parts of the Body that had been missing. We see our part and look forward to serving alongside them for Kingdom purpose. We know God has led us to them, and them to us. It would be easy to hide and hibernate in our home and simply serve ourselves with the gifts and talents He gave us but as a Follower of Christ, we are all called to live in community, stir each other up, join the Body and mission of The Church to reach the lost, make disciples and encourage the weak and broken-hearted, to mentor the younger and lead The Way as we walk The Way. You can't be a light if you don't plug in to a source of Power!
I know people might say, "Well, I think you've been doing that all along, for years." Yes we have, however, in wrong proportions. We gave so much to the Church and Others, it left remnants of time and energy to our Home Mission Field. We gave all we had and came home to recover. This move has forced us to come back together and recalibrate our eyes and hearts in right portions and priorities. We are certainly not perfect and we are not oozing God's Word as a result of intense family Bible studies or deep theological discussions, but we have been more intentional to align ourselves with being in His will, seeking humbly and fearfully for His plan and purpose for us as individuals, as husband and wife and as a family unit, serving and loving God and others with all our hearts. Just like anyone else, living anywhere else, we struggle and we sin. We complain and covet. We fear and doubt. God is patient and forgiving when we repent and recalibrate, setting our hearts and minds back on His love. 
I don't know what decisions or circumstances you are facing today, but I encourage you to seek first (Matthew 6:33) the heart of God and His God's will for you- knowing He has a plan to prosper you and not harm you (Jeremiah 29:11). It is only when you spend time with Him that His love for you can be felt and seen. No matter where you are, how old you are, how far you are physically, emotionally or spiritually...He is your Home base. Go Home!!!
Thanks for stopping by for a few! I pray you are encouraged as you scroll through my little blog world. It has been an amazing 10 months in the islands and I have met some amazing people here, those from here and those visiting here! I pray you take time to recalibrate your life, refocus, realign your heart and home so that the Creator and Great I Am will be the core and center. Dorothy was right....there really is No Place Like Home! 
Hugs and Blessings, Michele



No comments:

Post a Comment