Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Rainbow~ Pain to Praise

Have you ever had a "black eye?" I had not, until this week and what an ouchie!! I was helping my 5 year daughter roller skate and long story short, we fell and she was nearly my landing pad. My knee caught me so I didn't land on her but my forehead wacked the crown of her head. WHAM!!!!!

Within 30 seconds the golf ball sized knot ballooned on my eyebrow, including my eyelid. I made sure she was okay and quickly made my way to the Cafe to get some ice. I applied several drops of Lavender and Peppermint oil all around the area and iced it for 20 minutes. The initial hit was painful but the swelling actually numbed it after that, plus the ice worked in my favor. Within an hour, it had shrunk to a grape sized buldge.
Day 1


Seeing my daughter's great concern and guilt for feeling as if it was her fault, I was up and skating one last time before we went home. I knew I was okay, otherthan possibly a very slight concussion, but I wondered about what color my face would be in the morning.

I have enjoyed documenting each day with a picture of the bulging eye. It is difficult to get the depth of it. And so many have asked about the pain. I didn't know what to expect. From the looks of it, you would think I needed morphine. The eyelid itself, the most colorful part, doesn't hurt. Everything else, however, does! I still am not able to wash my face without caution. There are rolling headaches now and then, but for the most part, my main issue has been camoflague! Styling my hair just so the bangs would cover most of the eye.

Despite the crazy and colorful eye, I have not slowed down as far as my schedule. The very next night I would be leading a ladie's bible study group in my home, I had a hair appointment, the following night was church and AWANA's and Thursday morning I had agreed to do the welcome as well as the worship for the bible study. Walking in my flesh, I wanted to stay locked up until the crazy eye was normal again. I mean, how embarassing. Then I felt how vain. But I also didn't want to be a distraction during the study either. There was a day years ago, I would have stayed home. Not bound or lead by fear any longer, in Jesus name! amen~

God, once again with His visual applications with me, used this to teach me a few things. First, I should not keep my flaws locked away, but use them as testimony. So, I continued going and doing as normal, (but with bangs a little more flowing!!). I prayed that God would blind people from noticing it and for me to not be consummed by it. By the end of the week, I must have had over a dozen compliments on the color. I admit, it did look like a dark creamy shadow. I haven't worn eyeshadow or blush in years, so it was quite different for me.


Day 5

What God taught me:

Change is a process, one day at a time and we are not incharge of the timing. Although if you do your best to work with it and not against it, it will be more productive. 

Sometimes change hurts.

Our hurts can hurt us in places we least expect it.

We are hurt when we least expect it.

Bruises come in all shapes and sizes and come from unexpected sources.

When we are bruised (physically, emotionally), God is Healer. He can change our pain to purpose.

Without the pain, we wouldn't understand comfort.

Without panic, we wouldn't understand peace.

We can do our best to be prepared and equipped but adversity still comes. That is what you are prepared for!!!!

When we see our bruises, we have a choice- dwell on the pain and the cause of the pain OR focus on the colors (rainbow) and be reminded of His promises, healing to come.

God will use our physical imperfections to reveal our spiritual imperfections.

God fixes our broken pieces.

Pain for pleasure, fair trade.

I have to CHOOSE to trade my pain for pleasure even when I am greatly pained.

My pain has turned to praise~ praise the Lord, amen!!!!!!! He is Healer and Comforter.

I wonder how many of us are walking around with bruised hearts, souls and minds? We can hide it so well with our facade that everything is alright. I used to be one of those type of people that didn't show pain or weakness. In the last 2 years, God has brought me to a place of security in Him that it doesn't matter to me what other people think about me. I used to. Sure, I don't care to be judged or fail but it no longer keeps me from stepping forward as it once did before. Fear and Worry controlled every decision. April 2009, God helped me break those chains and I am FREE from the bondage that Fear and Worry had over me for most of my life.

Yes, I still feel nervous, with tiny butterflies in me when I stand infront of others, but I am thankful for the tiny flutters that remind me about my inadequacy to do anything without God being in charge. I simply lay it before Him and ask for Him to lead through me. My biggest prayer used to be, God, Help me get this right. Now, my biggest prayer is, God, empty me and fill me with You. Lead for me. Help me trust You with this. There is so much more peace and joy when we surrender it completely before Him and allow the Holy Spirit to work through us, all the while, working on us.

Black, blue, green, yellow, purple...whatever color I see, I will choose to see His rainbow of promises. This may have been my first physical black-eyed bruise, but it wasn't the first painful bruise on my heart. We all suffer a painful wack to our heart and soul over the course of our lifetime. When my heart changes colors, I am thankful that God is Healer over ALL things and He is faithful to keep His promises. He will never leave me. He will always love me despite my greatest flaws.

What color are your bruises? How old are your bruises? I encourage you to stop hiding them and hand them back over to God so He can begin the healing process in your life. Be encouraged, healing will come. Be patient, it is a process, work with it.



"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

"Since you have kept My command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth."
Revelation 3:10

" Praise be to the LORD, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." Psalms 28:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment