Sunday, February 20, 2011

All that matters

Last week was Valentine's Day and it was a CRAZY week! My daughter had the flu, my husband was out of town all week, I was double booked each night for meetings that one of us were supposed to be at and even though it could have been absolute chaos (at times it did feel that way), it all came down to Love.

When you are pulled in 15 different directions, you can only do what you can do. As I stepped onto Monday's doorstep at 5:30am, I surrendered that morning, that day, and the remainder of the week to God. Sunday evening, I had already begun to feel the pressure of keeping it together, having enough patience, having the energy needed to manage a full week without my helpmate and when my husband asked me, "How are you going to manage? Are you going to be okay?" I replied, "God will provide all that I need and I trust Him to do it." Being the great guy that he is, wanting to help, he did encourage me to call some maids to help me ready the house for our company that was arriving at the end of the week. That part could be delegated-meeting could not. No arguments there! Only I could care for my flu-stricken daughter and only I could manage the kids and make the meetings.

God did provide, as always He is faithful. I felt a peace throughout my days that was only from Him. He was my peace and strength in perfect portions. It was a busy week but I did not feel stressed. After such full days, the kids were exhausted and went to bed without issue and I was able to enjoy some wonderful alone time with my Father, in worship and word. Amazingly, I also awoke each morning without alarm at 5:30am. It is amazing because my honey usually wakes me up at 6am which by then, I have missed my morning quiet time. So for me to wake up on my own so early and consistently, was a GOD thing-no doubt.

It's funny how when you know you need something, it's easy to sacrifice. I think we have a less determined attitude when we think we can handle it ourself. I knew I needed God's grace and peace and strength this week, so I was willing to loose a little sleep in order to have it. But, don't we realize we need Him every single day? Just because we may not have any "issues" doesn't mean we don't need God.

One of the most valuable lessons I learned over the 2009 year was that I need God's grace every day that I had breath in my lungs. I had become so self-reliant for so many years, just calling out to my 911 Guy as needed, that I forgot to trust Him in ALL things. I managed my life well enough I felt that I would please God in how well I did in my matured faith, not needing to be so needy from Him. All the while, not realizing that I needed Him even more so as I slipped further way from Him.

I will never ever forget that season in my life where God removed Him covering over me (not lost salvation-but hand) and His presence was no longer felt and boy did I ever need my 911 Guy at this point in my life. The greatest lesson I learned from that is that God is our DAILY every thing. From glory to glory-He provides. The circumstance in my life was irrelevant to how much I needed Him. His portions are always perfect whether much or little.

God is more than just our Rescue. He is also our breath. He is our Daily Bread. He is the very air we breath and when He is not your source, you feel like you are suffocating. My greatest Love is my Lord and Christ Jesus!! The only One I receive pure, unconditional Love from- my trustworthy, faithful Father God. He is so much more than my Rescue from an eternity in Hell and moments that feel like hell. He is my Peace, Joy, Comfort, Endurance, Calm, Encouragement.

I encourage you that if you are running the show, falsely thinking that God is pleased how well you are doing on your own without needing Him, that you would find some quiet time in your week to seek after Him and ask Him to empty you of you and help you to surrender yourself completely to Him. May HE be your source of strength and joy for the day ahead of you. May you do all that you can do and allow GOD to handle all the rest. Satan would love nothing more than to get you walking through your own mud pit and spend countless energy and time trying to get out of it.

No matter what your week ahead looks like, won't you bow before Him now and ask Him to fill you, provide for you, Love you as only HE can. Receive His amazing Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment