Thursday, December 30, 2010

What leads you?

Today's devo:" The more completely you devote yourself to Me, the more freely you can love people....Marvel at the beauty of a life intertwined with my Presence. ENJOY THE ADVENTURE OF FINDING YOURSELF through LOSING YOURSELF in Me."
Isn't that the truth. It is only through God's love that we are able to love others, especially certain "others." Our human love only wants to love what or who we like and distance ourselves from what we don't. We have don't love "them" for lots of varying reasons (aka: excuses). We are afraid of being hurt, betrayed, judged, condemned~just to name a few.
Probably more often then we realize, we allow fear to direct us where to go, how to go and even if we go. Rather, we should follow after Love, in Love and love through Love's lead. When we let go of the fear and trust God, this adventure called life's journey becomes a path lined with blessings vs. chaos. No, being a Believer does not exempt a person from experiencing heartache but you can be sure that when Love resides within you, you will have access to peace, joy and comfort through any and all trials because "all things work together for the good for those who love Him."
Two years ago, I did not enjoy the adventure of losing myself. It was frightening, lonely and torturous. I feared losing control. I feared being judged and condemned. Through this process, through desperation, I let go. One lesson at a time, one day at a time and frequently...one breathe at a time...I surrendered to God. I completely devoted myself to His will and eventually....to His way.
In this process where I felt something was taking me away, I was losing myself without control or permission which terrified me, today, I marvel at the beauty of a life intertwined with His Presence. I ENJOY THE ADVENTURE OF FINDING MYSELF through LOSING MYSELF in His Love.
I trust God. I do not trust myself. For a long time I didn't like losing myself. I really thought I was alright. As I reflect two years later, I was not okay. I feared love. Fear lead my way. Today, God used others to love me freely and through their prayers, mentoring, bible studies, timely words and encouragement, He showed me what it meant to love freely so that I in turn would learn how to live out my faith, showing me what it looks like to enjoy the adventure. Love leads today.
Self control is good...it's a fruit of the spirit, but do not mistake self-control and self-controlling. Won't you allow God to control you. Remember, He created your adventure just for you. No one's journey will be the same. So it would be wise to follow His lead, losing yourself to Love.
As the new year approaches, would you take a step back and reflect at yourself? Who are you? What are you made of? Do you allow your human spirit to lead~be it good, bad or down right ugly? Can you loose these things and receive God's beautiful, purposeful, refining love? You are filled with the spirit, therefore, favor, acceptance, joy, peace, glory fills you. You are God's temple. Can you let go of you (your likes and preferences) and surrender to a life intertwined with His Presence, absent of fear?
Marvel at His love. Marvel at His ways. Do not live out each tomorrow controlled by fear. Enjoy the adventure of finding yourself through losing yourself in Love's arms. You will surely find God!
God Bless You in 2011!!! It's a new year and today is a new day. Love today!
Michele
Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. Luke 7:33

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment