Monday, February 17, 2014

My Love Story


My Love Story


I met my Sweet Love in the Summer of 1986. I had heard of Him but did not know Him personally. His reputation preceded Him as was one of great compassion and love. He was a favorite amongst most. He always made people smile even on their worst of days and somehow He managed to get my attention on one of those days. Like I said I had heard of Him but didn’t know Him personally, so I said Yes when He asked me to spend time with Him. He was everything I had heard, a perfect gentleman and compassionate soul. He was kind and gentle, aware of His surroundings and the people’s needs around Him and somehow was always able to make it a better place just with His presence. He literally lit up the room.
The more time I spent with Him, the more my heart began to beat for Him. I began to see people as He saw them. I had been hurt so many times in my past by the ignorance or selfishness of others, that trusting Him took time. With each passing day, my love for Him grew deeper and wider till one day when we were alone He asked me for my hand and heart to join Him forever and there was no other answer I could give but "YES!!" I was His and He was mine. He literally changed me life!! 

Through the years, my Love has continued to love me with such an unconditional love and He gives me way more grace and mercy than I deserve. When I am feeling weak, He lifts me up. When I am crushing under the weight of this world, He holds me and is my shield. When others persecute me, He defends me. When I don’t know what to do or where to go, He leads me. I don’t mean to, but when I hurt Him, He forgives me time and time again. I am so thankful for my Sweet Love and I pray each of you finds your Love too. His name is Christ Jesus, my faithful and loving Lord, the Lover of my soul. 

This is my happily ever after.


"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love Him and keep His commandments, to a thousand generations,"
Deuteronomy 7:9

Human love is wonderful and was created by God that we would "love one another." However, it is not perfect love. We will hurt each other, knowingly or unknowingly. We let each other down at times and often forget to say Sorry. Even in the best of marriages, families and friendships, there are sure to be moments of pain and selfishness. But, not with the Lord our God. He is perfect and just, faithful in His Love and steadfast in His character and promises. God's Love never fails!! 
If you have a void in your heart and are looking for the filler of your soul, He stands before you, pierced hands, sacrificially loving you, waiting to spend time with you. Look up and see His outstretched hands desiring to take yours and walk a Forever Journey with Him. His heart is for you! 
By faith, won't you place your trust in Him and discover the most amazing Love of all. You will be satisfied, complete, and receive more love, mercy, grace, peace, joy and fullness than you could ever think or imagine in this lifetime! Out of His Sweet Love for you, all your human loves will grow richer too. With His love, you can love deeper and wider. 
Say "YES!!!!" to the Greatest Love of all and walk a new life in Him. He is your Happily Ever After.  

No comments:

Post a Comment