Friday, July 9, 2010

What are you looking for?

Do you remember playing the game Slug Bug or even Hide and Seek when you were a little kid? It is funny how our brain works. Days can go by and I am still noticing the Bugs and good hiding places for next time we play Hide and Seek. Your brain can be tuned in and focused without you even realizing it.

So then it makes me wonder, what is my mind focused on. What am I looking for as I go throughout my day. God has been working with me on being anxious and negative in my thought patterns ( I know, it is hard to believe I would ever think negatively, but I do, that is what anxiety and worry and fear are....negative thinking.) I tend to notice it (the "What If's") as I go about my day wondering "what will I do if...." so maybe because I am continually looking to put out or avoid the next fire, I see a lot of potential fires.

If this is true, that our brains will focus in and cause us to be sensitive to our "object", and we tend to find what we are seeking, it is important to know what we are seeking so we will know that we have found it and be ready to receive it. Don't know about you...but I prefer to find good things...rewards...blessings of hope and love, mercy and compassions. I don't want misery, chaos, problems, conflicts, doubt, fear, illness.

So why am I constantly noticing these "bad" things? I have to look at my thoughts and my thoughts are based on what I believe in my heart and spirit. My heart, mind and soul must be focused on the Lord and my spirit must be God led. When my entire being is dwelling on the good things of God, then my heart will fill with joy, my spirit will give me direction of where I should go. Therefore, my thoughts, my focus, will be on the good things of God. Behind the good things of God, is knowing who God is. You have to know Him to trust Him and if you trust Him, you can receieve His love and it is in receiving His Love that you will find your blessings...your treasures!!

And if my thoughts are focused on the good things of God, I can expect to find the good things of God. I will begin to notice them more in my day. My brain will be challenged to be attentive, seeking out the little treasures of God in things around me, in my circumstances and in my relationships.

What are you seeking today? What does your mind focus on? What does your day look like before your feet even hit the floor in the morning? Begin each morning with thanksgiving. Praise God for His Grace and Love that covers you. Ask God to touch your heart, fill it with joy, lead your spirit, control your mind. Capture each thought and choose today whom you will serve for you cannot serve two Masters!

May you think, feel, notice, hear, read, smell, encounter, impact, see, believe all that is good today. God is hiding treasures just for you, have fun looking for them!!

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment